A big thank you to everyone!
We are thrilled to get back to work, and we have a huge amount of admiration for the work that everyone has done – across all sectors of society – to keep everyone safe. The amount of discipline shown by every-day folk that made the lockdown work so well has been extraordinary.
Equally extraordinary were the entries submitted to the lockdown photo competition Greg was running on our Facebook page. The cleverness of our customers just never ceases to amaze us. Congratulations to all of our daily prize winners, who won chocolate packs sponsored by Panasonic.
The top prize winners are yet to be announced! Panasonic are sponsoring a Lumix TZ220, and Fujfilm are sponsoring an XF10. We will announce the winners soon.
Like you, we are anxious to return to some semblance of normality. While we are not able to open the shop in its full capacity, here is our plan to help our customers during Level-3.
What does the return to work look like for us?
- We have reduced our staffing level to make our bubble smaller, so not all of our 13 staff are returning work yet.
- We are running contactless click-and-collect opening hours, which are 10am-3pm, every day but Sunday.
- Customers will not be allowed to come and browse the store, they are only allowed to visit for the purpose of collection, or to drop off film processing in a contactless way. We will have barriers in place to fence off the shop from the collection area.
- We are still processing film, please see details further down.
- New ways to get hold of us! There is now a chat function at the bottom right corner of our website.
- Courier deliveries are all operating as normal, both in to and out of the store.
- We are absolutely happy to help with all customer enquiries, but we aren’t allowed to do this in the store, or face-to-face during Level 3.
How can I make a purchase?
- Order for in-store pick up on the website, and we will let you know when your order is available at our in-store click-and-collect point.
- Feel free to call us on 03 355 7534, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, send us a Facebook message, or use the website chat function if you want any help at all. We are here to assist you!
- If you have run out of minutes - and you want us to call you, just let us know.
How do I collect my purchase?
- Click-and-collect hours are 10am-3pm, every day but Sunday.
- Our click and collect point is accessible at the street entrance, at 195 Papanui Road
- If you have paid, please park outside our entrance on Papanui Road and give us a call on 03 355 7534. We are happy to bring your purchase out to you at your car.
- We will verify your identification and payment details, and hand over your purchase.
- Our Merivale Mall entrance is closed, so click and collect is only available at the street entrance.
- Don’t forget we are still offering courier delivery NZ wide.
- Ask us for free local delivery within Christchurch.
Are you still accepting trade-ins?
- Sure! However, because we are not allowed to deal with our customers face-to-face during Level 3, it will work a little bit differently.
- Feel free to get in touch if you want to get a feel for a ballpark trade-in figure.
- We are always happy to appraise your gear, however we are not able to do this while you wait. If you drop off your potential trade-in at our click-and-collect point, we will value your trade as quickly as possible, following a sanitisation procedure.
- Our target time to have a trade-in value to you is end-of-day, and you will be able to make your purchase the next day.
Are you still doing printing and film processing?
- Absolutely! Order your prints online at realphotos.co.nz, select pick-up from Photo and Video, and we will let you know via email when your order is ready for collection.
- You aren’t allowed to come and print photos on the kiosk, as the store is off-limits during Level 3.
- There is a drop-off station for film processing, which we will be running as a next-day service.
- We will take your order details from a distance, and ask that you leave your film in the tray provided.
- For the first time, we are going to be running our wide format fine-art printer on-site. We would love to print your latest master piece on our archival fine art papers.
As always, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if there is anything at all we can help you with.